Friday 10 February 2012

Nothing like a vase of flowers to brighten up a room



I just love the look of fresh flowers in a vase and usually try to buy flowers when I tidy up the house, sometimes I am lucky enough to get given a bunch of flowers. This card was inspired by the beautiful flowers that I saw in my local florist the other day. They looked so pretty in the colourful vases, pity the flowers were just too expensive to buy so I made this card as a substitute.

For this card I printed a template of the vase in three different sizes, cut out and traced onto the three different coloured papers and then embossed the paper vases on my cuttlebug. I stuck the vases onto the card stock two of which have been attached with dimensional foam tape. I drew on the stems with leaves and the sentiment and flowers are rub-on's. This card was very simple to make and is a great design to use up patterned paper.

Hope everyone is having a good week. Have to admit I myself am having quite a difficult week but I am sure next week will be better, just have to remain positive.

Thanks so much for visiting :)

The Challenges I have included-
ColourQ-Cqc #123

10 comments:

Jan said...

Fab card, so pleased I saw it on MIM xx Jan

Sylvia said...

Such a pretty card, Susan, love the flowers done in the colors! Thanks for joining us each week at the ColourQ.

Karen said...

Very pretty hun. I love the CAS look to this.
Thank you for joining us at Make it Monday this week.

Hugs Krafty Karen - DT for Make It Monday.



Remember, to leave a comment for the other entries & be sure to mention you saw
them on Make It Monday.xx

Rhonda Miller said...

I love your card. The vases are great. TFS.

Lisa Elton said...

GREAT little vases! Lovely card ;)

Jenny said...

mmm I adore those polka vases Suze, excellent card :0)
Jenny x

Kara said...

so pretty! thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fabulous embossed vases, beautiful.

LeAnne said...

Your vases & flowers are quite pretty---perfect for the colors! I hope you have a better week coming up! Thanks so much for playing with the CQC this week!

savvy teaching tips said...

Totally cute - thanks for sharing with us at Colour Q this week!